Financial Aid

One person supervises another on a laptop

Please Note: For students who have applied for and accepted Financial Aid loans or Work-Study awards and subsequently receive any fellowships, the additional support may affect  eligibility for need-based financial aid. Students should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine if their eligibility is affected.

UC Irvine’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS) administers Financial Aid. For more information about this form of financial support, visit the OFAS website:

Graduate students who are U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents and appointed as a Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) or Graduate Student Assistant Researcher (GSAR) may be eligible for Federal Work Study funding administered by the Graduate Division at UC Irvine. Students do not apply directly for Federal Work Study funding, but may be nominated by their schools for such funding. For more information, click here.